The design phase is the most important phase in the entire methodology. Once the initial information is compiled in the discovery, this information will then be used to determine the optimal design configuration taking into account required performance criteria, time lines, and budgetary considerations. This phase can take the most time of any single phase aside from Deployment, and this is necessary in order to ensure that all aspects of the project are adequately taken into consideration.
- Site Discovery and Assessment
- Determine potential system design configurations
- Conduct capacity planning analysis
- Develop project time lines with clear, quantifiable milestones
- Proof-of-Concept Operability Lab – test the system, processes, and assumptions before deploying on the network