eGroup Achieves Seven New Competencies and Specializations in Q3
Latest Microsoft Corp., EMC and Cisco expertise benefits growing customer base
MT. PLEASANT, S.C. – October 2, 2012 – eGroup, the Southeast’s leading provider of cloud, application and end-user computing services, today announced that several members of its team of engineers and consultants have achieved seven new competencies and specializations in Q3 2012. The latest proficiencies are based on EMC, Cisco and Microsoft technologies.
“The eGroup team works hard to be both broad and deep – it’s a hallmark of our success – and the well-rounded expertise we have on staff is rarely matched in the industry,” said Mike Carter, Principal, eGroup. “But, when you’re designed to support extremely capable corporate IT teams with a ‘faster, better, cheaper’ approach, having the ability to go wide and deep with respect to technology knowledge is essential. We feel our success in achieving these competencies reflects the investments we’ve made towards understanding and delivering the ‘big picture’ for our clients.”
To earn the numerous Microsoft silver competencies, eGroup professionals successfully demonstrated expertise through rigorous exams, culminating in Microsoft certifications. Microsoft also interviewed eGroup customer references for successful implementation and customer satisfaction.
- Silver Content Management – Attaining the Microsoft Content Management competency demonstrates partner expertise offering collaborative solutions that help customers maximize efficiencies and help ensure compliance across a wide variety of documents. Equipped with exclusive training, the latest software and support on Microsoft SharePoint 2010 technologies, partners can help their customers take advantage of opportunities, such as business value consulting, change management, architectural design, digital asset management, and Web design and development, all of which can help develop a more profitable business.
- Silver Digital Marketing – Attaining the Microsoft Digital Marketing competency demonstrates partner expertise in developing rich Internet solutions. Equipped with exclusive training, the latest software, and support on Microsoft SharePoint 2010 for Internet Sites and Microsoft Silverlight, partners help their customers secure a unified platform for intranet, extranet and Internet sites. This enables customers to create engaging user experiences, cut costs, enable rapid development, and offer interactive search and personalization.
- Silver Hosting – Attaining the Hosting competency is exclusively for partners that specialize in hosting solutions and maintain their own datacenters or act as a reseller or agency of services hosted by Microsoft, providing agreed-upon service levels and customized hosted offerings and consulting for common customer scenarios. Equipped with exclusive training, the latest software and support, partners help customers offset the cost of maintaining critical business applications with scalable hosting solutions.
- Silver OEM – Attaining the OEM competency demonstrates expertise in design and delivery of quality hardware solutions. Equipped with exclusive training, the latest software, and support on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 operating systems for the Microsoft platform, partners help customers optimize their assets and technology investments.
- Silver Search – Attaining the Search competency demonstrates partner proficiency in deployment of solutions that can index various types of data and efficiently conduct complex searches. Equipped with exclusive training, the latest software and support on Microsoft SharePoint 2010, partners are equipped with the tools needed for improving the search experience across desktops, mobile devices and the Internet.
eGroup professionals completed the EMC Global Services Implement training paths of Data Domain Specialist and NetWorker Specialist. This is an important step as an EMC partner as only individuals who have successfully completed EMC Global Services training and mentoring may deliver installation and implementation services to enterprises.
The certifications enhance eGroup’s already authorized capabilities to implement and configure solutions based on Data Domain, EMC NetWorker, EMC Atmos and EMC Disk Library.
In Q3, eGroup renewed its existing Advanced Data Center Architecture Specialization.
- Advanced Data Center Architecture Specialization – This specialization recognizes eGroup as having fulfilled the training requirements and program prerequisites to sell, design and deploy comprehensive Cisco® Data Center solutions. The specialization provides role-based training in three essential areas: Unified Fabric for optimizing data and storage needs; Unified Computing for streamlining data center resources and uniting network, computational, storage and virtualization platforms; and Unified Network Services for advancing the way application delivery and security services are provided in the data center network or computing environment.
eGroup’s solutions drive customers’ cost containment, revenue growth, and service objectives by addressing challenges associated with mobility, access to critical applications and data, and security. eGroup’s expertise and core competence is focused in three distinct areas: Cloud Services (public and private), Application Services, and End-User Computing.
Click here to download a PDF of this release.