If you are in vSphere and click on Performance, you may end up running across this error:
After researching the issue I found a couple VMware KB Articles on the subject, but no conclusive fix to the issue that resolved the issue. After digging in I found that troubleshooting futher proved better results. Here’s the fix:
1. In my case the DB resides on a Server 2008 R2 box, so ensure you have the SQL 2008 Native Client Driver in place for your ODBC connection
2. Review the stats.log in the following location: C:ProgramDataVMwareVirtualCenter & look for anything that might catch your eye (failures, etc)
3. Ensure the following services are set to an active domain account (not a local system account):
* VMware VirtualCenter Management Webservices
* VMware VirtualCenter Server
Start those services with the proper network account, then log back into Virtual Center. You should not see the “Performance” tab Overview page displaying correctly.