Announced today, Go Daddy has picked Trend Micro as its partner in cloud security. The overall aim is for Trend Micro to assist in securing their expanding network and to aid in the process of understanding and staying ahead of the curve with regard to online and web born threats. Trend Micro’s Deep Security provides advanced protection for physical, virtual, and cloud servers and virtual desktops by combining intrusion detection and prevention, firewall, integrity monitoring, log inspection, and agentless anti-malware.
What separates Deep Security from the pack is its cloud security infrastructure, Smart Protection Network. This innovative security technology delivers real-time protection from the latest threats by combining sophisticated cloud-based reputation and TrendLabs researchers.
Deep Security has in turn allowed Go Daddy to:
(1) Stop threats in the cloud before they reach Go Daddy’s Network
(2) Maximize customer satisfaction by reducing the impacts on server peformance
(3) Enhance insight and visibility of threat activity
(4) Implement fast and flexible responsiveness with customizable rules
(5) Lower the overall total cost of ownership
Go Daddy currently has 9+ million customers, 49+ million domain names, and 5+ million active hosting accounts.