eGroup is looking for a seasoned and experienced Sales Engineer to join our Columbia-based team and help eGroup extend our delivery of solutions throughout the Carolinas.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated technical professional who wants to expand their career into new areas and earning possibilities.
You’ll be mentored and backed up by the eGroup team and our continual investment in market proven technologies and support resources. These “best of breed” technology offerings will position you for success in delivering sophisticated solutions to a growing set of customers with increasingly complex needs.
This position primarily focuses on consultation and design (and some initial deployment) of VMware, EMC, Cisco, Pure Storage, Rubrik, Nutanix, Microsoft and Citrix technologies. We’re looking for that “special someone” who has always loved technology, and is very comfortable aligning it to customer need in a fun and friendly way.
You will work directly with our inside and outside sales teams to meet with current and prospective customers, understand their needs, and propose technology and service-based solutions to help them overcome their challenges based on intimate knowledge of eGroup services, products and technologies. Periodically you might work in a billable engineering capacity to help deploy and support these systems in order to stay technically fresh and “on point” for our clients.
This is an Experienced to Senior Level position. We are looking for the “best of the best” to:
- Have fun, work hard, and be recognized for your individual impact that contributes to team success
- Architect, Design, and Implement eGroup products and solution offerings
- Work with the Engineering team to develop a comprehensive scope of services to ensure project success
- Work with the eGroup outside sales team to package, develop and present solutions to eGroup customers
- Work with outside and inside sales to deliver sophisticated IT solutions to B2B and Enterprise level customers
- Work with Project Management to define and implement eGroup Strategy for Development and Support
- Research and learn new technology to promote new lines of business for the eGroup team
- Work with eGroup customers to develop “Better, Faster, Cheaper” solutions that produce recognizably valuable outcomes
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Friendly, positive, and engaging attitude!
- BA/BS/Technical degree in a relevant field (e.g. IT Systems, Computer Science) preferred
- Proficient verbal and written communication
- Ability to partner with individuals at all levels in an organization
- Competent and capable of making executive level presentations, and be extremely passionate about technology
- Self‐motivated and driven individual who likes to learn quickly while adapting to the latest industry trends and best practices
- Must be willing to travel with periodic overnight stays as needed
- Willingness to go above and beyond to ensure complete customer satisfaction
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, customer-focused, dynamic environment
Skill and experience with – or burning desire to learn – the following disciplines and technologies:
- Professional Services scoping, estimation, and positioning
- Virtualization technologies
- Storage Arrays and Replication Technologies
- Cisco and Meraki Switches/Routers/Firewalls
- Cisco Storage Networking and Unified Fabric switches (MDS, Nexus)
- Cisco UCS Server Technology
- Microsoft Server technologies including Active Directory, Exchange, and SQL
- Microsoft Cloud technologies including Azure and Office 365
- Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop technologies
- Nutanix Hyperconverged Technologies
- Zerto Disaster Recovery Expertise
- Pure Storage Technical Expertise
- EMC Data Protection Technologies Networker, DataDomain and Avamar
- Rubrik Technical Expertise
Interested in applying? Click “Apply Now” and send us your resume along with a note about why you’re fit for this position!