Enabling Technologies, a division of eGroup, is a five-time winner of Microsoft’s Partner of the Year Award, specializing in Modern Workplace Technologies that promote secure communication and collaboration in the Cloud. Enabling is a 100% remote organization with staff throughout the US. We are a results-focused organization with an exceptional team that consistently and effectively challenges each other to provide the best customer experiences.
Enabling Technologies, a division of eGroup, is seeking a Managed Services Security Engineer. The Managed Services Security Engineer will join a growing practice, working with clients to bring a blend of technical expertise and problem-solving methodologies to provide top quality service for Enabling’s customers.
Managed Services Security Engineer will have the ability to qualify, troubleshoot, and resolve or escalate issues from clients that contract with Enabling for their managed solutions. Managed Services Security Engineer will support Azure, Office 365, Endpoint Manager, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Cloud App Security, network troubleshooting, server and workstation support, and the Microsoft Defender Security Suite. This role will not have supervisory responsibility but will be required to work with client and internal resources to manage their systems.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Managed Services Security Engineer must be a strong technologist with solid business skills. Ideal candidates are as comfortable working with a technical team as they are with client business users and know how to build bridges between the two audiences. Managed Services Security Engineer will develop relationships with key IT customer team members to help them achieve their goals.
- Monitor and manage simple to complex Microsoft cloud security solutions
- Review and update technical documents to maintain current and future cloud platforms
- Administer Microsoft Azure to meet our customers’ technical, security, and business needs for apps/workloads
- Monitoring, acting on Microsoft Azure Sentinel security alerts and incidents
- Create and maintain security incident response plans for current and future security threats
- Setup and support Azure Sentinel connectors and integrations as directed by clients
- Write threat hunting queries for Azure Sentinel using KQL
- Guide Enabling Resources while they perform remediation activities related to security events
- Automate response and remediation activities using SOAR and Azure Playbooks
- Provide input to continuous service improvements
- Escalate tickets and work with vendors and partners
- Work with other Enabling engineers and partners to grow the business and prepare for future customer needs
A successful candidate must thrive in an ever-changing environment and will have the following experience and/or skills:
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a similar field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute for a degree.
- AZ-500, MS-500, SC-200, SC-300, or SC-400 Microsoft Certifications are a plus
- 2+ years of relevant Managed Services and/or Consulting experience
- 2+ years of relevant Microsoft Azure Sentinel design, support, or delivery experience
- 2+ years of relevant Managed Security Service Provider experience
- Experience working with SIEM tools in complex enterprise environments
- Experience with MSP toolsets preferred (PSA\RMM)
- Experience with PowerShell scripting and management of Microsoft cloud solutions
- Experience with provisioning Azure resources and services
- Working experience with Windows Servers\Desktop OS, and Active Directory
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of infrastructure solutions, especially in relation to Microsoft solutions, system security, enterprise directories, and cloud technologies.
- Knowledge of current IT market challenges/initiatives (Cloud, Hybrid-Work, Mobility, BYOD, UC)
- Knowledge of MITRE ATT&CK techniques and writing KQL threat hunting queries
- Knowledge of SOAR concepts and automation best practices
- Intermediate knowledge of networking, including DNS, TCP/IP, VPN, Switches, Firewalls
- Excellent customer service, effective verbal, and written communication abilities
- Knowledge of Azure IaaS and Azure Networking Stack
- Knowledge of Microsoft Defender Suite (Endpoint, Identity, M365, Cloud Apps)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Endpoint Manager
- Knowledge of Power BI and Microsoft Azure reporting
- Ability to obtain and maintain vendor professional certifications as necessary to achieve company/departmental goals
This role and Enabling Technologies is a 100% remote environment. Candidates should have access to a productive work environment with the ability to complete work entirely on a computer. Appropriate hardware will be provided by Enabling Technologies. Access to a strong internet connection is essential. This role must be available to provide after-hours support and actively participate in an on-call rotation.