Technical Project ManagerJoin the eGroup Family
eGroup is looking for a Technical Project Manager to join the Professional Services team and support our growth across the nation. This individual will lead large-scale technology projects and is expected to create strong customer relationships as we deliver business outcome solutions on-time and on budget.
This position requires a strong ability to lead technical projects from inception to debrief. This role is eGroup’s voice and single point of contact for our customers and is expected to manage engineer resource schedules, lead project meetings, and strengthen project plans to name a few relevant skills. In addition, this person will have opportunities to help improve internal process projects to ensure an on-going spirit of continuous improvement within eGroup. If you have the technical project management background coupled with a strong desire to be a serious enabler of technology solutions, then please consider this opportunity!
This is a technical PM role with unlimited potential, and we are looking for the best of the best to:
- Manages large/complex customer-facing projects or multiple projects or takes a business management role in an account or group of accounts.
- Creation of a project schedule and plan with financial, resource, and material requirements
- Develops and presents proposals and final agreements
- Provides leadership to project staff including project engineers, vendors, partners, or subcontractors.
- Manages the project from start to completion including the resolution of escalated project issues
- Accountable for the Project Budget
- Presents service business value to customers for new or existing business
- Influences the customer in the assessment, planning, and management of related network projects.
- Manages large group of project staff, possibly in multiple locations, including project managers, project engineers, vendors, subcontractors, or partners for the duration of the project/program.
- Works with the Customer/account team to determine project/program goals and objectives.
- Works independently.
- Create communications plans for internal and external projects.
- Experience using Microsoft Office, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Project, and other similar software applications.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent plus 6+ years related experience in networking/telecommunications industry
- Project/Program Management experience in the deployment of leading edge technologies in a highly complex commercial environment.
- Has PM Masters preferred or professional project management training credentials (PMI).
- Has basic knowledge of routing, routing protocols, switching, internet, and general network architecture
- Has demonstrated clear leadership skills and experience working with large project teams and strategic account teams.
- Has a good knowledge of the sales process including risk assessment and scoping
- Has demonstrated a good understanding of the legal issues with contracts
- Has demonstrated advanced negotiation and presentation skills
- Experience working with technology vendors or service partners is preferred.
- Must be a team player and extremely collaborative with excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrates independence in action and decision making and thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
eGroup is a results-oriented, outcomes-focused organization. This position works typical work week hours, but is expected to be available as needed for periodic after-hours or weekend requests. Occasional day travel and some overnight travel may be necessary.
If you think you’re a good fit for this position, please complete the survey below!